Thursday, July 30, 2009

Meeting singles on the boardwalk in Los Angeles

Finding quality singles in Los Angeles has become a little easier for those who enjoy spending time near the beach. As of May, the Santa Monica boardwalk is offering free concerts every thursday night starting at 7:00pm. Since the inception of the concerts, there has been an increased amount of attendees, most recently estimated at over five hundred people. The ambiance is very laid back and the music ranges from rythym and blues to classic rock. Most people attend with their friends and come with drinks and snacks in hand.

The great thing about this weekly event is that it's a very social event. People share their goods and network with the crowds around them. My friend Chris is single and lives in Santa Monica. He attended the first event and has been a regular since. A few weeks ago, he convinced me to take the 30 minute drive west to join him and a few friends for the Thursday night concert.

I arrived with chips and dip, a few beers and a beach chair. Chris and friends had set up in center view of the concert and at the heart of the crowd. Within the first thirty minutes of the event, we had two groups that consisted of approximately 7 guys and 12 gals. We were all talking about our day, exchanged stories about our favorite concert experiences and talked about the new cool things the westside had to offer. After the first hour, I found myself exchanging phone numbers with a person who I would generally consider out of my league. My friend Chris had similar results. I asked Chris, in between group conversations, if this was the best luck he's had. His reply was mischievous smile.

Today I am proud to report that I am getting ready to meet the person that I met at the boardwalk for dinner and drinks. I dont know what will come out of it, but I'm going in with low expectations. It's a very nice and intelligent person with a great personality. If it leads to a friendship, great! If it leads to something more, well, that would be great too. It may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you're looking to meet singles in Los Angeles, but let me tell you, if you're not doing much on a Thursday night, it's well worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment